Britannica D. Collins was raised in Victorville, California and attended the University of California San Diego where she graduated cum laude with Bachelor of Arts Degrees in International Studies and Communication and a minor in Dance. Ms. Collins graduated in 2013 from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law.
While completing her law degree, Ms. Collins participated in various academic and extracurricular activities including externships in the Eighth Judicial District Court and the Clark County District Attorney's Office, practicing as a student attorney in the Thomas and Mack Family Justice Legal Clinic, competing as a member of the Black Law Students Association mock trial team, and participating in various community service and outreach projects. Ms. Collins was also an executive board member of the Black Law Students Association and the Sports and Entertainment Law Association.
Ms. Collins was admitted to the Nevada State Bar in May 2014, and to the U.S. District Court Bar for the District of Nevada in November 2014. Before joining Hawkins Melendrez as an associate attorney, Ms. Collins served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable Susan H. Johnson at the Eighth Judicial District Court. In her spare time, Ms. Collins enjoys traveling, taking dance classes, video-gaming, snowboarding, and spending time with family and friends.
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Construction Defect
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Nevada, 2014
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2014
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- J.D. - 2013
- University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, California
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: International Studies - Sociology, Communication
Honors and Awards
- LVNBA Scholarship
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Howard D. McKibben Chapter of the American Inn of Court, Associate, 2014 to Present
- National Bar Association - Las Vegas Chapter (LVNBA), 2011 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Clark County, Law Clerk, 2013 to 2014
- St. Thomas University, Research Assistant, 2012
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Phi Alpha Delta