Justin R. Taruc practices in the areas of complex civil litigation, personal injury, wrongful death, business law, immigration law, and commercial law.
Mr. Taruc graduated with honors from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. Thereafter, in 2011, Mr. Taruc received his Juris Doctorate from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law, where he graduated in the top one-third of his class.
While in law school, Mr. Taruc held several clerkships and externships at the Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada. He also served as a judicial extern at the U.S. Immigration Court in Las Vegas and was a student attorney at the Thomas and Mack Immigration Clinic.
Prior to joining Hawkins Melendrez, Mr. Taruc was an associate attorney at a mid-size firm, and has held a position as a trust officer for a large national financial institution. In his spare time, Mr. Taruc enjoys traveling, watching foreign films, and spending time with his family.
Areas Of Practice
- Personal Injury - Defense
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nevada, 2011
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 2013
- William S. Boyd School of Law, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Nevada
- J.D. - 2011
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Political Science
Honors and Awards
- UNLV - William S. Boyd School of Law Dean's Award
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award - Immigration Clinic
- William S. Boyd School of Law - Dean's List
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas - Dean's List
- Governor Guinn Millenium Scholar
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, 2009 to 2011
- Asian Pacific American Law Student Association, 2008 to 2011
Past Employment Positions
- Kring & Chung, LLP, Associate Attorney, 2013 to 2014
- Wells Fargo Bank, NA, Trust Officer, 2012 to 2013
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, Law Clerk, 2009 to 2011